Lindeman’s: Since 1843
In every bottle of Lindeman’s wine you will find the spirit of our founder, Dr. Henry Lindeman. From humble beginnings in the Hunter Valley in 1843, Dr. Lindeman laid a strong foundation for what has become one of the world’s most popular wines.
The first Lindeman’s wine to venture overseas was in 1858, when Lindeman’s Cawarra Claret was exported to the United Kingdom. By 1862, Lindeman’s wines were being exhibited widely around the world and Lindeman’s Cawarra gained international recognition at the International Exhibition, London. The accolades and awards continued to follow and over the next 100 years, Lindeman’s global footprint grew significantly.
Today, Lindeman’s is enjoyed in over 100 countries around the world. We are proud to draw on 170+ years of continued winemaking and entrepreneurship to craft popular wine styles that people simply love to drink.
Gentleman’s Collection – Shiraz
If ever there was a gentleman of the winemaking world it was Dr. Henry J. Lindeman. He knew a thing or two about living a fine life, so you would be wise to pay attention. In 1843, Dr. Lindeman, an upstanding man of formidable character, started his own winery. In doing so, he set his sights on civilising a colony of hard-drinking ruffians by introducing them to more gentlemanly pursuits, such as the enjoyment of a refined drop. This longheld tradition continues today with this stately Shiraz, plush with plums, a hint of raspberry, and a dash of fortified wine for a smooth finish. A fine wine by anyone’s standard.
- Grape Variety: Shiraz
- Maturation: Stainless tanks to retain freshness
- Colour: Blood red in colour with purple hues
- Nose: This wine displays aromas of raspberry coulis with a hint of sweet spice
- Palate: The full bodied generous palate shows plush plum flavours supported within a soft tannin structure that makes this wine immediately approachable
- Vineyard Region: South Eastern Australia
- Peak Drinking: Best enjoyed young & fresh
- Food Match: Enjoy with pasta, red meat dishes or cheese